Merry Christmas to all our readers and thank you for taking the time to read our blog over the year, hope you have enjoyed the posts! For our last post before Christmas Day, I thought I’d give you some Christmas facts to read, some a little musical! Nice little snippets of interesting info, to mention in between your second and third helping of pigs in blankets and turkey!
1) If you received all of the gifts listed in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song, you would receive 364 presents!
2) One of the most popular Christmas songs, “Jingle Bells” was actually written for Thanksgiving!
3) Pope Julius I declared December 25th as the official Christmas in the fourth century!
4) More than three billion greeting cards are sent annually in the United States alone!
5) Christmas trees became popular in the UK from 1841 when Prince Albert erected a tree in Windsor Castle following a German tradition!
6) In 1843 Sir Henry Cole created the first Christmas card. It was designed by J.C. Horsley and sold 1000 copies in London.
7) A Christmas wreath hanging on your front door symbolises a sign of welcome and long life for all who enter.
8) In 1647, the English parliament passed a law that made Christmas illegal!
9) 56% of Americans sing holiday carols to their pets!
10) The first American Christmas carol was written in 1649 by a minister named John de Brebeur and is called “Jesus is Born”!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOVELY CHRISTMAS AND YOU GET ALL THE PRESENTS YOU ASKED FOR!!